Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ronnebeck Recap 2008

Since I get a big fat F for FAIL at sending out a photo with our Christmas cards this year, I thought I'd write a Christmas letter / post a bunch of Photos for "A Year of the Ronnebecks".

I begin with this photo, You've seen it once this year, but I have to post it again out of pure humor and joy. It makes me giggle every time! As you can imagine taking photos with pets is difficult, but how about a Cat, a Dog and a Husband who don't love sitting still for a camera. Take that! This was born out of our photo session, It pretty much sums up our household.

We have been busy people this year! We took a HUGE trip across the United States in May We flew to Boston and then drove back home to Seattle with a week long pit stop inbetween to see Family and friends. Total this year we went to 16 ballparks.

In May we flew to Boston and Drove home hitting 14 ballparks between Boston and Seattle.

Fenway Park (Boston, MA)
Campbell’s Field (Camden, NJ)
Citizen’s Bank Ballpark (Philadelphia, PA)
Ripken Field (Aberdeen, DE)
Oriole Park at Camden Yards (Baltimore, MD)
PNC Park (Pittsburgh, PA)
Consol Energy Park (Washington, PA)
Fifth Third Field (Dayton, OH)
Slugger Field (Louisville, KY)
Great American Ballpark (Cincinnati, OH)
Bosse Field (Evansville, IL)
T. H. Hughes Ballpark (O’Fallon, MO)
Kauffmann Stadium (Kansas City, MO)
The Bird cage (Sioux Falls, SD)
Yakima County Stadium (Yakima, WA)
Last, but not least...
Safeco Field (Seattle, WA)
Here's a few photos from various ballparks across the nation...


Bosse Field ... Where they filmed "A League of their Own" - Look at thoes old seats!


Great American Ballpark - Cincinnati Ohio... "Great?" Well.. yeah it's okay.


Erica and I at "The Bird Cage" In Sioux Falls.

Eric & I at the Holy Grail of Baseball (#2) ... Fenway Park

Mariner Moose, Abby & Eric at Safe Co Opening Night of baseball in Seattle! I GOT TO MEET THE MOOSE THIS YEAR!!! I was so excited!

PNC Park in Pittsburgh, the most beautiful Park in baseball! It has the most breathtaking view!


For the love of ALL things Baseball, here's Eric at the Lousiville Slugger factory holding a Ken Griffey, Jr. replica bat. If you ever go to Louisville, go to the Museum... DO NOT SEE the tour! it is the most worthless tour on the planet!

We really enjoy baseball and Eric and I both decided that this was the trip of a lifetime. We did great in the car together, navigating from Map quest and Google Maps and didn’t even get lost (until we got to Nebraska, stupid reconstruction of roads I thought I knew). I never thought a small town girl like me would be navigating our way though the Bronx and Queen’s in New York. We hit 18 states and took in as much food culture as we possibly could. Hot Brown’s in Louisville, Fenway Franks in Boston, Philly Cheese stakes in Philly, and the oh so famous BBQ in Kansas City.

We also enjoyed a couple days in Omaha with Dad and the girls. It was awesome to see friends again! We spent a lot of time reminiscing about college days. Dad was nice enough to put us all up for the weekend and throw us a little luau!

The cross at the center - Heidi, Myself and Liz reminiscing of our Good ole days at MLC.

We spent a whole week with my Mom and Siblings in South Dakota and I got to meet my Nephew Kyle for the very first time! Mom took us around South Shore and Watertown showing us all the growth and I got to check out the Merchantile in down town South Shore. What a cute little shop! I also contracted a wonderful antique trunk from there which Eric had the pleasure of fitting in our rental car! It was so nice to spend a week with family. Oh how I Miss that!

Eric is such a big hit with my nephews, we weren't in the door an hour before I captured this beauty of a photograph, it just melts my heart!

We played, and played with everyone, and was sad when it was time to go again, leaving home is so hard!



Troy and Carter making play dough moustaches!


Erica Swinging in the Park


The first time meeting my nephew Kyle Harvey!


and Troy... showing us the attitude he got from his Daddy.


Being back in South Dakota was such a treat! I miss it most days, but mostly just the people when there's 4 foot of snow on the ground in the winter and 100 degree days in the summer, I love the fact that I live in the Pacific Northwest!


In June Eric and I celebrated our One year anniversary! We didn't do anything super special; just spent the day together. I made him watch the wedding video with me and boy is that quite a masterpiece. I think it might go in the vault for a nother 24 years. Big 25 it will be really fun to watch!


In the end of June and beginning of July Eric went to Mexico with the youth group that we work with and he had a blast! When he got home I surprised him with this..


It took him a little while to comprehend what just happened - but they're best friends now

Aquaman and Gracie are a spot of constant joy in our lives. They constantly make us laugh and bring warmth and joy to our lives. They're also both a pain in the tail when they want to be! Here's a few favorite shots of our animals over the past year..

This is Gracie and her "Please feed me" look. Her dish probably hasn't been empty for more than 2 minutes when this photo was taken.

This is one of Aquaman's "Glamor" shots.; and no I didn't get them professionally taken... I took them!

Aquaman would love to give her kisses every single day... as you can see, she's not fond of that idea.

This is where she usually hides to plan her next strategic move to get out of the room before the dog notices she's on the move.

This is our most recent trip to the vet with Aquaman, as you can tell he's less than excited for the visit.
As you can see from the few pictures I've posted here, we have a lot of fun with our "kids".

December has been wonderfully filled with SNOW and Christmas time, which you know our house basically explodes with Christmas Joy that time of year. Eric and I had a quiet Christmas at home together just enjoying each other’s company.

The next year should be great! Eric is going to stay unemployed (by choice) for now – He’s really enjoying his time off and we’re still doing great both emotionally and financially. I love my job and am almost always excited to get up and go to work even though it’s 5 am, which is astronomical for me!

We're still in our same apartment and plan to be there for a while. I mean, how could you leave a back yard like this behind?


I will be starting my 365 day project in a few days and look forward to what that will bring for my photography skills. (http://www.abbys365.blogspot.com/ - insert shameless plug here)

We’re looking forward to what 2009 will hold for us. It’s always an adventure and we look forward to planning another trip, and seeing more family. We have lost a few loved ones this year, and pray that they are at peace. I leave you with the words that the founder of our company left for us in a time of loss, be who you are, Want what you have and Do what you can, as humans we can do no more.

I pray that 2009 treats you well, and I hope that you find time for all thoes resolutions this year!

Much Love, Abby (& Eric, Aquaman & Gracie.)

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)