Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saturday in South Dakota

 I am so badly behind at blogging that I'm now a week and a day behind. So I'm giving this post mostly in photos, because, well, photos are more fun anyways.

 Saturday we spent at Grandma and Grandpa's - then we went up to Marvin to see some family and spend time on the amazing Merry-Go-Round!







  We played for quite a while, and we were all sore the next day though.
 It took a lot of fanangaling to get this photo... and I still managed to cut my head off - damn. I still like it though!
 For the first time in years I got to go see my "home". This is the farm I grew up on, this is where all my good memories of my childhood are - this is where I still call home, even though I haven't lived there since 6th grade.
 The Quonset looking out tword the pasture.
Our big steel barn/Shop - looks pretty much the same.
 Spanky! Okay- so since I love you I will tell you the significance of this propane tank. When I was little I use to "Ride" it like a pony. Sometimes I'd even get our horses bridal's and all to ride into the sunset. There were many a days that I spent riding Spanky till my heels were red from kicking him to go! I have since hopped up on a lot of other propane tanks just to reminisce, but nothing felt as good as hopping back up on the original Spanky again. Now you know why everyone in my family calls propane tanks Spanky's.
Hey - I had a good imagination as a kid ... all right?
I was sad to see this sight - obviously the person who lives there doesn't like to swing nearly as much as I used to when I was a kid - that's my swing set.
 And the view down to the pasture from the back of Quonset.

 Finally, the house- It was white when we lived there, but it will always be; Home ... Sweet... Home...
 We had a busy day, so we spent the rest of the day hanging out in Momma's chair.
 So nice of her to snuggle and share :)
It was another wonderful day in South Dakota - and the sunset kissed us goodnight :)

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)