Saturday, March 31, 2012

Comicon 2012!

I always have an excitement inside of me for comicon, Not even a crowd this size can deter me from going year after year! We (Team Eric, Lee & Abby) got there around 9 and hung out in line for awhile. The crowd was pretty light at first, but I had a feeling most of the people standing in front of us has been there for quite some time. The below shot is from the side, we were only about 6 or 8 people back.
 We went in the door and did our best to get out of the way. We didn't really have any "goals" this year, and had no need to be at anyone's table first. It was kind of a luxuary.

Right out of the gate Eric got this picture with a very well dressed Cobra Commander (GIJOE). He gave Eric a button that said "Cobra Commander for President" So it was definitely worth the stop!

We had a few people we wanted to see - and since Eric had gone on Friday, he had a few sketches to pick up from artists who had worked on them overnight. The art post is up next - so stay tuned!

Mostly we just walked around, and soaked in all the strange and unusual things you find at a comicon.

I broke off from the team (Eric & Lee) and discovered some Roller Derby books that I picked up. How could I pass? I mean, a Roller Derby comic? Was this thing written for me? I'm thinking yes.
 Once I met back up with Eric, he told me how he had run into a costume that I had to see. It was Barf from Spaceballs!

I seriously Love Spaceballs. I love it more that I'm an adult and recognize the jokes from the Star Wars series.

He's no John Candy, but then again who is? It was a great costume - Good job Barf!



 Told you... I seriously love my panorama feature on my camera... will use always!

This was a print Dean Trippe was selling, I love how sincere it is. I thought about picking one up, but that's when I realized that I only have a few more spots on my wall, and I had all ready purchased a bunch of Original Art work.

 There were lots of costumes, and I can't even tell you what they all are, but I snapped a few pictures walking around... I am so not brave enough to go full costume!

  These were two of my personal favorites... Zatana and Rogue.

 This is my kind of costume. I made the headband a few weeks ago to go with my X-Men shirt. The headbands says "Snikt" which is what it says in the comics when Wolverines claws come out. I thought it was pretty clever, and I got a TON of compliments on it. I even had a girl take a picture of it!

Comicon was awesome. I'm sad it's over allready, but it can't last forever! The "art" portion of my post will come tomorrow after Eric gets home from the con (he's going for day 3). We still have a few pieces that Eric is picking up tomorrow.

No comments:

Labels

1312 (21) 30 Days of Thankful (29) 4th of July (1) 807 (3) Adventure (37) Angels (49) Anniversary (1) Aquaman (128) Aquaman Gracie (2) Art (2) Baseball (10) Be Still (13) Because (3) Birthday (26) bittersweet (1) Bloggerversary (7) Bloggybits (1) Blogstars (1) Bookworm (3) C25K (10) Cats (6) Celiac (5) Chef Eric (10) Chic (3) Christmas (20) Christmastime (73) Co-worker (24) Co-workers (7) Collecting (3) Coworkers (66) Crafty Things (12) Dianne's Hope (3) Diet (1) Disneyland (1) Easter (2) Eateries (3) Er (1) Exercise (9) Facebook (1) Faith (9) FALL (27) Family (139) Fitness (4) Football (1) For Me (10) Friends (59) Girl Time (17) Grace (23) Gracie (61) Halloween (43) Happy (1) He Humors Me (107) Hike (1) Holiday (2) Home Sweet Home (102) Homemaking (2) I am a Nerd (65) Inspiration (8) iPhone (6) Just Be (8) KMS (3) Kneelands (42) Lent (5) Luna (20) Mariners (2) Marvista Park (1) Memories (61) Momma (9) Motivation (1) Movember (4) Moving (3) Musings (110) NaBloPoMo (100) neighbors (1) Nephews (14) New Year (4) Nieces (19) Our Furry Kids (139) Owls (3) Pacific Northwest (2) PFM (1) Photo-a-Day (2) Photography (14) PSA (1) Quotes (1) Random (26) Rat City (1) Raw (1) Relay Committee (27) Relay For Life (43) Resolutions (4) Roller Derby (38) Ronnebeck Recap (7) Running (3) Seahawks (5) Seattle (13) Seattle Pals (67) Siblings (8) Skating (2) Slice of Life (20) Smile (34) Social Media (1) SoDo (1) Something New (75) South Dakota (55) Stories (1) t (1) Tales of Traveling (34) Ten on Tuesday (73) Thankful (20) Thanksgiving (13) The City (36) The Commuter In Me (24) the Kneelands (31) The Nielsens (32) Thrifting (9) Toys (1) Traditions (16) Twilight (1) Vacation (51) Vintage (2) Visitors (26) We are so in Love (19) We're So in Love (61) Wedding (1) Weight Loss (2) Wizard of Oz (2)